Sugar Wax Hair Removal Recipe
Home made sugar wax has simple ingredients, it’s cheap, practical and all natural but the process can be somewhat difficult at first. However, if you strictly follow these instructions, you will get what you want :)
What you need:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
You can also use less but keep the ratio of sugar : water : lemon to 8 : 1 : 1.
You can use brown or white sugar but with white sugar it’s easier to tell when the wax is ready since you can see the change in colour.
Lemon juice can be from freshly squeezed lemon or bought in store (must be sugar free). It doesn’t really matter but honestly, just squeeze the lemon :)
- Put all ingredients in the saucepan. Mix them all together.
- Place the pot on the stove. Turn on high heat for 15-20 seconds. Stir sugar to prevent burning.
- Reduce the heat. Cover the pan. Leave the sugar paste for 4 minutes.
- The sugar begins to dissolve. Mix it thoroughly. Close the pan. Leave it for another 4 minutes.
- The mixture begins to boil. Stir it again. Leave the pan to boil for next 4 minutes under the closed pan.
- Stir the boiling sugar after 4 minutes. It got a yellow tint. Cover the pan. Wait for another 4 minutes. That is the last time.
- Total cooking time: 4 times for 4 minutes.
- Remove the lid after 4 minutes. Sugar should be light brown color. Boil sugar paste on low heat with the lid open for 1-2 minutes more. Stir mixture all the time.
- Turn off the heat. Pour sugar wax in heat-resistant container. Be very careful not to burn yourself.
- Cool it for 1-1.5 hours. Sugar should be cool but not hardened.
- Tear a piece of sugar wax and mash it strongly till structure is changed. Start hair removal.
- Stick wax like plasticine pressing it against hair growth direction. Quickly remove the wax in hair growth direction. Use a piece of pasta until it sticks. Then throw it away. Get the next piece.
I’ve tried this today on my legs and I am really impressed! I am used to waxing so it didn’t hurt so much. The whole cooking&preparation was really easy and the waxing itself was actually quite fun. My skin is now super smooth and I think it’s less irritated than when I use normal wax or an epilator. Will definitely try it again in a few weeks since there is a lot of wax left.
(Source: Lady formula)